LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wuz good people, welcome to another great edition of White Sox Real Talk as I’m about to preview the Huge Series between the White Sox and Twins which could determine who wins the AL Central. Lets first take a look at the pitching matchups:
Javier Vasquez(12-14) 4.32 ERA
Scott Baker(9-4) 3.69 ERA
KEY FACTOR IN THIS GAME: How well will these pitchers pitch after they both had horrible outings the last time out. Vasquez has a 2-0 record with a 5.11 ERA aganist the Twins this season while Scott Baker has a 1-0 record with a 5.73 ERA in 2 starts against my Sox. So defitnley rest will be the key.
Mark Buerhle(14-11) 3.87 ERA
Nick Blackburn(10-10) 4.15 ERA
SIDENOTES: Mark Buerhle has a 1-2 record with a 5.79 ERA against Twins this year while Nick Blackburn has a 1-2 record in 4 starts this year against the Sox with a 6.14 ERA
Gavin Floyd(16-8) 3.84 ERA
Kevin Slowey(12-11) 3.85 ERA
SIDENOTES:The White Sox Ace is having a GREAT year against the Twinkies this year with a 3-1 record and a phenomenal 1.86 ERA in 4 starts against them this year and has allowed only 17 hits in 29 innings this year. While Kevin Slowey has started against the Sox 4 times but only has 1 decision against them when he shut them out at the Metrodome.
KEY FACTORS FOR SOX TO WIN THIS SERIES:
1. Well for one thing our bats need to wake up IMMEDIATLEY because its going to be extremely hard to beat the Twins in a low-scoring game in there building. We need to Out-Score them because the Twins just don’t die, you could be having them under control the whole game but as soon as the 8th and 9th innings come THEY SCORE RUNS OUTTA NOWHERE(Just ask the Rays when the Twins scored 5 runs in the 9th to comeback and win) so we need to have a cushion to avoid that.
2. PITCHING,PITCHING,PITCHING. I can’t emphasise enough how important our pitching is going to be in this series we need all our starters to pitch great games and at least last till the 7th inning or even better the 8th. But we can’t have any 5 to 6 inning Outtings by our starters and then expect our bullpen to hold them down.
3. OZZIE NEEDS TO MANAGE A GOOD SERIES, Octavio Dotel, Ehren Wasserman, Boone Logan and anyone else not named Scott Linebrink, Matt Thronton, and Bobby Jenks TELL THEM TO STAY AT HOME FOR THIS SERIES WE CAN’T AFFORD BLOWN HOLDS!!!
4. WE NEED OUR MVPS TO STEP UP!!!:
I NEED A BIG SERIES FROM JD AND BIG JIM, THEY STRUGGLED IN KC AND NY SO WAKE UP NOW!!!
5. HAVE THE EYE OF THE TIGER: The Twins are down and out right now they are 4-6 in their last 10 games, they have ALL the pressure they need to save face at home and they have to sweep us to overtake the Divsion.
6. DON’T PLAY TO NOT LOSE, YOU HAVE THE LEAD SO PLAY TO WIN THE GAME: All you have to do is WIN 1 GAME and you head back to Da Cell with the lead still intact and remember if we win 2 out of 3 ITS LIGHTS OUT FOR THEM DAMN PIRANHAS and if we sweep:
MY PREDICTIONS: Now I think we are just gonna come away with one victory but my gut feeling is telling me that the Sox are gonna surpise me so i say SOX TAKE SERIES 2-1 AND WILL CLINCH AT HOME AGAINST CLEVELAND.
WHITE SOX REAL TALK….PEACE!!!
Wuz good this is White Sox Real Talk and im back with my Picks of who’s gonna make the playoffs, leave some comments and see if u agree. First in The American League:
AL EAST DIVISION WINNER: TAMPA BAY RAYS, Now i pick them cuz these boys are just tough great hitting, great pitching and they play smart ball they remind me of my 2005 White Sox these boys have a never say die attitude, they will hold off the Red Sox.
AL CENTRAL DIVISION WINNER:CHICAGO WHITE SOX, Now even tho my Sox have been struggling of late i still like our chances and Ozzie isnt gon let these guys just die. They have come WAY too far from last year to let this season go down in flames to the Twinkies so i got us taking it in the last week of the season and finally give the Twins the Knockout Punch.
AL WEST DIVISION WINNER: ANAHEIM ANGELS OF LOS ANGELES, No explantion needed why they are the first team in the Majors to clinch Great Power hitting, Great pitching and THEE BEST CLOSER IN THE MAJORS K-ROD!!!
AL WILD CARD WINNER: BOSTON RED SOX, The world champs are gonna slide their way into the postseason even tho they’re not gonna win the east they are still gonna make major moves in the postseason as long as Josh Beckett can stay healthy.
NOW NATIONAL LEAGUE……
NL CENTRAL DIVISION WINNER: CHICAGO CUBS, Now as much as I hate these ******** the Cubbies are having a great season and are giving Northsiders some hope that it might happen but they still gotta convince me that they can get the job done in the postseason so it will be intersting to see.
NL WEST DIVISION WINNER: LOS ANGELES DODGERS, Now before the trade deadline i thought they had NO CHANCE to beat out the D-Backs but then they got MANNY RAMIREZ and he has just been phenomnal batting.400 and just making that team much better.
NL WILDCARD WINNER: MILWAUKEE BREWERS, Even though they have been jagging games in late innings and had a CRUSHING loss to the Cubbies last night i still like their chances better than the Mets i know both bullpens are bad but Brewers bullpen isnt as HORRIBLE as the Mets so they will get back to the postseason for first time since 1982. If Ben Sheets is Healthy they could make some noise.
SO THOSE ARE MY PICKS LEAVE COMMENTS TO LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK!!!