LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wuz good people, welcome to another great edition of White Sox Real Talk as I’m about to preview the Huge Series between the White Sox and Twins which could determine who wins the AL Central. Lets first take a look at the pitching matchups:
Javier Vasquez(12-14) 4.32 ERA
Scott Baker(9-4) 3.69 ERA
KEY FACTOR IN THIS GAME: How well will these pitchers pitch after they both had horrible outings the last time out. Vasquez has a 2-0 record with a 5.11 ERA aganist the Twins this season while Scott Baker has a 1-0 record with a 5.73 ERA in 2 starts against my Sox. So defitnley rest will be the key.
Mark Buerhle(14-11) 3.87 ERA
Nick Blackburn(10-10) 4.15 ERA
SIDENOTES: Mark Buerhle has a 1-2 record with a 5.79 ERA against Twins this year while Nick Blackburn has a 1-2 record in 4 starts this year against the Sox with a 6.14 ERA
Gavin Floyd(16-8) 3.84 ERA
Kevin Slowey(12-11) 3.85 ERA
SIDENOTES:The White Sox Ace is having a GREAT year against the Twinkies this year with a 3-1 record and a phenomenal 1.86 ERA in 4 starts against them this year and has allowed only 17 hits in 29 innings this year. While Kevin Slowey has started against the Sox 4 times but only has 1 decision against them when he shut them out at the Metrodome.
KEY FACTORS FOR SOX TO WIN THIS SERIES:
1. Well for one thing our bats need to wake up IMMEDIATLEY because its going to be extremely hard to beat the Twins in a low-scoring game in there building. We need to Out-Score them because the Twins just don’t die, you could be having them under control the whole game but as soon as the 8th and 9th innings come THEY SCORE RUNS OUTTA NOWHERE(Just ask the Rays when the Twins scored 5 runs in the 9th to comeback and win) so we need to have a cushion to avoid that.
2. PITCHING,PITCHING,PITCHING. I can’t emphasise enough how important our pitching is going to be in this series we need all our starters to pitch great games and at least last till the 7th inning or even better the 8th. But we can’t have any 5 to 6 inning Outtings by our starters and then expect our bullpen to hold them down.
3. OZZIE NEEDS TO MANAGE A GOOD SERIES, Octavio Dotel, Ehren Wasserman, Boone Logan and anyone else not named Scott Linebrink, Matt Thronton, and Bobby Jenks TELL THEM TO STAY AT HOME FOR THIS SERIES WE CAN’T AFFORD BLOWN HOLDS!!!
4. WE NEED OUR MVPS TO STEP UP!!!:
I NEED A BIG SERIES FROM JD AND BIG JIM, THEY STRUGGLED IN KC AND NY SO WAKE UP NOW!!!
5. HAVE THE EYE OF THE TIGER: The Twins are down and out right now they are 4-6 in their last 10 games, they have ALL the pressure they need to save face at home and they have to sweep us to overtake the Divsion.
6. DON’T PLAY TO NOT LOSE, YOU HAVE THE LEAD SO PLAY TO WIN THE GAME: All you have to do is WIN 1 GAME and you head back to Da Cell with the lead still intact and remember if we win 2 out of 3 ITS LIGHTS OUT FOR THEM DAMN PIRANHAS and if we sweep:
MY PREDICTIONS: Now I think we are just gonna come away with one victory but my gut feeling is telling me that the Sox are gonna surpise me so i say SOX TAKE SERIES 2-1 AND WILL CLINCH AT HOME AGAINST CLEVELAND.
WHITE SOX REAL TALK….PEACE!!!